“If you have food, I will accept you in a flash in my heart.”- Every doggo ever
There’s a saying that you’re what you eat, and the same can be applied for your pet. Diet has a very important role in shaping up your doggo’s life, and what they consume has a direct impact on their physical and mental health. Deciding to go natural with your pet’s food is an important and excellent step in this regard.
One of the easiest ways to incorporate natural food to your pooch’s diet is by starting out with their most favourite thing - treats! All-natural dog treats are of superior quality, with a lot of health benefits and no adverse health effects.
Why go natural while choosing dog treats?
Here are some reasons why you should prefer natural dog snacks for your pooch:
1. Free from Hormones: A lot of dog treats contain artificial and low-quality ingredients made from animals that have been previously pumped with antibiotics and hormones. Hormones are given to pets from an early age for muscle development and growth, while antibiotics work as protection from illnesses.
If you keep feeding your pets such treats, it may lead to immunity buildup against antibiotics and ingesting hormones can lead to hyperactivity - often the reason for various health conditions. All-natural dog treats, on the other hand, do not contain any hormones or antibiotics - making it a higher-quality choice for pet parents who wish the best for their furry ones.
2. No Allergic Triggers: If your pet has ever suffered from a food allergy, you will be knowing how difficult the treatment can be. Moreover, food allergies in dogs can manifest in severe skin problems. Natural treats are a much safer option as it reduces the chances of triggering any food allergy, as high-quality natural treats do not contain ingredients like soy, wheat or corn that are common triggers of canine allergy.
Natural treats will also be gentle on your pooch’s stomach, thus reducing inflammation and lessening the chances of a reaction.
3. Non-Fattening: Dogs love chewing, even if they are of a healthy weight or a little heavier. Keeping your dog in shape by cutting out on treats can be a little difficult for your furry ones. In such cases, opting for all natural dog treats is always a good idea as it contains fewer calories compared to other conventional pet treats.
Natural dental chews for dogs contain more nutrition and less fattening ingredients. As it does not contain additives and filler content, fewer treats can make your pooch satisfied. At the same time, your pet’s weight is also under control without having to stop them from munching on their favourite snacks. In other words, it’s like the same way as you would opt to snack on your favourite fruit instead of finishing a bag of potato chips.
4. Wholesome Nutrition: When you’re selecting dog treats for your little one, you will want to go ahead with a human mindset - meaning that you would want the same things that you would prefer in your own food. Like you, even pets are able to obtain the best nutrition from minimally processed, quality ingredients.
Natural dental chews for dogs use minimum and quality ingredients that are not chemically processed or added with unnecessary fillers like gluten. Treats that are gluten-free contain adequate amounts of proteins and fibre to provide wholesome nutrition. Taking a look at the details on the packaging will give you an idea of what’s in your pet treats.
5. Better Dental Health: Natural treats do not contain artificial sweeteners or other harmful chemicals that can be detrimental to your pet’s oral health. Instead, it can help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Choose hard treats or soft treats depending on the age and oral health of your doggo.
Treats like Dogsee hard bars are made from cheese that are 100% natural and high in nutrition that help remove accumulated dirt, plaque and tartar between the teeth. These bars also become soft on chewing, proving to be beneficial for the teeth and gums. The cheesy bars also have a pleasant taste, compared to hard antlers or processed rawhides and bully sticks.
6. Mental Well-Being: Highly processed treats cause irritation and create an imbalance in the gut flora, which is integral for positive mood and good mental health. Moreover, just like humans, your dog’s stomach, heart and brain are sensitive to what they eat or drink. Any kind of imbalance can contribute to inflammation and stress, thus affecting them mentally.
High quality and natural treats contribute to better digestion, lower risk of diseases, strong immunity, increased energy and activity - leading to overall good physical and mental health. Chewing is known to act as a mental stimulator for dogs, so it’s better they chew on good things!
7. Improved Quality of Life & Longevity: The food that your pooch eats directly impacts how they look, act, behave and feel. Having unadulterated, natural dog snacks will lead to a healthy and shiny coat, ample energy to run and play, balanced weight to remain active and strong immunity to increase life expectancy.
Maintaining a natural diet from a young age will also ensure that your doggo remains fit and active even in old age.
What to keep in mind when choosing treats for your pet?
It goes without saying that you would want to give the best to your furry ones. Seeing your pooch happy with a wagging tail is indeed satisfying. So, choosing the best dog treats is very important to keep your pet healthy and happy.
Here are the 3 main things to consider when choosing treats for your pet:
1. Ingredient Source: A product may be manufactured in one country, but the ingredients may be sourced from another. Knowing the quality control level of these places/countries is important to ensure that you’re giving the best to your furry baby.
As a pet parent, it is better if you know where the ingredients or products are sourced from before feeding treats to your dog. You can find this information on the label or look up their website for the same.
2. Number of Ingredients: The number of ingredients used in dog treats does not matter, only if they are all of high quality and beneficial for your pooch’s health. However, most of the artificial treats found in the market contain unwanted fillers, artificial colours, flavouring and additives that are not at all good for your pooch. When it comes to the well-being of your pooch, the lesser the ingredients in their treats, the better.
If your pooch is prone to allergies or has a sensitive stomach, single-ingredient freeze-dried dog treats are the best. For example, Dogsee Crunch are the best snack and training treats made from real fruits and vegetables. These treats are grain and gluten-free, and completely vegan.
3. Ingredient Quality: Knowing the difference between good and bag dog treats is very important for every pet parent. You should know that even if the ingredients used in a treat are natural, it does not always mean that it would be suitable for your doggo. A lot of times, natural ingredients can also prove to be toxic, like chocolate, raisins, onions, so ensure to do your research properly before choosing dog treats.
It is recommended to always check the fat and calorie content mentioned on the packaging. Treats should be such that pleases your dog’s palette, and not cause a stomach upset or other health problems.
Dogsee Chew treats are sourced from the Himalayas, with no additives, chemicals or preservatives. They are completely natural treats made with Himalayan cheese or freshly picked fruits and vegetables. All treats are grain and gluten-free and super healthy and delicious. Dogsee treats are available in several variants, suited for dogs of all size, age and breed.
Feeding your pet natural treats not only keeps them happy and improves their quality of life, but it also brings a positive difference to your life and the time you spend with them. Choose natural, because when it comes to your pet, we know you would want nothing but the best!